Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Odd phone call

We get home from dinner last night (Bartolotta's in Tosa, SO GOOD!!) to find a voicemail from the Centers of Disease Control. I guess they called 3 times and I told my hubby to call them back asap as it sounded legit.
Person he talked to last night said they are contacting people on a flight but my husband wasnt on the one she said (from Ohare to Fargo).
SO, today we get a call from the US Governement on our caller ID so I pick it up. Actually she got part of her info wrong. The flight originated in Munich to Ohare and it was the flight my husband was on last month.
Ends up someone on the plane had rubella and they need to follow up and ensure all the passengers were immune. So if my husbands doctor doesnt have record of a vax or titer they will contact the local health department who will set up a blood draw to see if he is immune.
They said 50% of people with rubella do NOT have any symptoms so he may not know even if he did pick it up.
Odd phone call.
The boys in their matching (they picked them out) outfits. Ry's face does look funny but that was better than it had been. Hes sensitive to bugbites and one on his forehead had his whole forehead,nose and eyelid swollen for a few days.



No comments: