Thursday, August 7, 2008

The first time we saw her face




One year ago we "met" our daughter for the first time. We had been anxiously awaiting a referral and I just knew it would happen that day. Our agency called us shortly after 9pm and while on the phone emailed her photos and medical info. Jim and I looked at them together and both decided the same thing, she was cute and she was ours. We got several photos that night. Heres just one of them. We were so glad to see her so alert.
Shes growing so fast. She was under 5 lbs in the first photos and now weighs 20lbs.
And a picture from today. Happy after her nap and practicing walking.

5 comments:

Katie said...

She is so so cute !

Kelly said...

Happy happy Day!!!!!What a doll BAby!

Amy said...

She is just precious! It's so fun to remember the feelings and emotions on referral day. I remember I was shopping at the outlet mall when our phone call came for Layna...I got off the phone and suddenly could not shop anymore. I had to race home to see pictures in my e-mail.

Congrats on the walking too!

Robyn said...

She was beautiful then and she's beautiful now!! Happy Anniversary!!

Robyn

Susie said...

A day to remember. She is just as precious. Susie